Leigh Creek Energy Small-Scale Commercial Pre-Feasibility Study
Arche Energy was engaged by Leigh Creek Energy to undertake a pre-feasibility study for the small-scale commercial project.
The project involves the monetisation of low grade syn-gas produced through an in-situ gasification process of down dip coal in a remote region of South Australia.
The project required efficient repurposing of existing transmission assets and the selection of suitable generation technology.
Arche Energy's scope of work:
- Optimisation of the concept, sizing and performance expectations for the power island,
- Selection of preferred equipment through a global EoI process and whole of life costing assessment,
- Optimisation of the network connection through asset repurposing,
- Development of the project plan and schedule,
- Development of the technical due diligence plan for equipment vendors,
- Drafting of the EPC specification for the project,
- Development of the regulatory workplan encompassing network connection, AEMO registration, ESCOSA and Office of the Technical Regulator requirements,
- Management of the network connection application process.
Additionally, Arche Energy undertook a number of confidential strategic concept studies to identify opportunities for transmission investment on the NEM.